I have several Real Techniques brushes and all of them are great in my opinion. Since that is true for me, I am only going to specifically talk about the buffing brush, the contour brush, and the lash-brow groomer.
You can click on the image for a closer look.
I got all of my brushes from Ulta. The buffing brush and the contour brush were part of the Core Collection Set that retails for $17.99 @ Ulta. The lash-brow groomer is sold separately for $5.99 @ Ulta. In case it helps anyone, I have used the buffing brush only with liquid foundations. Some of the ones I have used it with are CoverGirl Queen Collection 3 in 1 Foundation, Makeup Forever HD foundation, and Lancome Teint Miracle foundation. As for the contour brush, I’ve only used that with powder products.
Buffing Brush and Contour Brush
- Soft bristles
- Densely packed
- Blends product well
- Doesn’t soak up a lot of product
- Easy to clean: They go back to the original color (this may vary depending on the colors used).
- Keep their shape: I’ve had mine since around April 2013 and they still look great.
- No shedding: I haven’t experienced any during application or during cleaning.
- None for me
- The tines on the lash side are tightly set, which does a great job separating lashes.
- None for me
- Great price: These are very high quality tools. Ulta often has them on buy one get one 50% off promotions. Sometimes you’ll be able to find either a $1 off or a $3 off coupon, so if you stack that on top of a BOGO sale you can get an even better price.
- Some of the brushes are only available in a set. So you might have to buy a set to get the one you want. (But you can also turn this into a pro because the cheapest single brush price is $5.99 which would be $23.96 for 4 brushes and that is without the case it comes with.)
Have you tried this brush line? If so tell us about your experience in the comments.
Please stick around and check out some of my other content.
- Makeup Baskets: Join me in rotating through my products to truly enjoy and get use out of the items I own. Let’s encourage each other to use some of the products we have rather than being so quick to buy something new.
- Eyeshadow Combos: If you’re looking for ideas of coordinating shades, I hope some of my eyeshadow combos can give you inspiration.
**Disclaimer: I purchased all products featured with my own money. Any links provided are for information only. For the full disclosure policy click here.